BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 12, 2010

Skeptics and Site Update

I'm working on overcoming my intense dislike for skeptics I find on the internet. I mean, I'm not exactly conventional, and I will encounter loads of skeptics in my life, and I have to be able to explain my position calmly and know when to accept defeat and agree to disagree.

I was reading a skeptics opinion on Wicca, which he explained to be a super fluffy religion where everyone dances barefoot and literally hugs trees. I do applaud the site for dispelling myths like Wiccans worship Satan.

Does it make me close-minded because I'm not a skeptic? I do question things, and I accept that I may not be right, and I sure as hell don't market my crystal healing or Reiki as the "cure-all". If anything, I market it as a relaxation technique.

It'll be a long process, but I will do it.

Site Updates: Some new stuff in the New's section, and I've got an article up about the colour indigo.

Indigo is also used to aid in spiritual communication, meaning that if one is engaged in a séance, indigo candles may help. Indigo candles are also used to help establish meditative states. I’ve talked to a lot of people who have issues meditating, and indigo candles are said to help calm the mind and prepare it for a meditation.

The whole post can be found here.