BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 27, 2010

Craft Name

I've cycled through a LOT of magical names over the years. I started with Spawn of Dracula, which is my screen-name for some of my older accounts like Livejournal and Deviantart and since I had used that for such a long time, I thought it was my craft name.

Then I went for Hetshepsit, after the Egyptian female pharoah. Again, logical, being an Egyptian Pagan.

When I started to get into Mesoamerican Paganism, I added "Quetzalxochitl" to Hetshepsit. Quetzalxochitl means "Precious Flower" or "Queen". For a time, I was "Hetshepsit Quetzalxochitl".

In Driver's Ed, I was so bored I started mindlessly writing a lame-ass story about a 24 year old adopted Belize girl who was in training to be a Mayan Shaman, after being rasined in Mesoamerican paganism, with her adopted parents, two men who were incarnations of Quetzalcoatl and Cama Zotz. Her name is Quetzal, but her last name is just a common Spanish name. During her vision quest, Cama Zotz tells her about her parents, and she adopts the name Quetzalxochitl Zotz.

This is the name I've adopted now. And, I can honestly say, it's suiting me more than my birth name. Quetzal is now a screen-name of mine.

I did a quick numerology test with my new name and my birthday. None of my other names have ever added up. My birthdate adds up to 11, or 2 if you wanted.
Quetzalxochitl Zotz also adds up to 11 or 2.

Yeah, I'm excited :P